Sunday, May 2, 2010

i would love to make films

I'm going to uni from september. So, right now I'm freaking out because I can't choose what I want to do in future. However, the most probable option right now seems to be International Relations or Journalism Course. My dad isn't really excited about my choices. He doesn't believe in diplomacy or politics really. I understand him, I really do. People don't trust politicians. Why should they, right? It all seems to be so corrupted. That's why I want to do politis (or journalism) on international basis. I believe there is still some hope that things can be changed. In a good way.
So, this afternoon, we were just chatting about these little everyday things and he told me he listened to a radio interview with a female diplomat. This is his way how to be supportive, telling me little things like these. I like it :)
After a while I told him (as I know he's not happiest with my choice but respects it): "Dad, I would really love to just make movies. But I'm afraid I couldn't do it for living." And he replied: "Why not?"
Isn't it nice? I really love him. I suspect he's a hidden dreamer.
Do you want to know why not, dad? 
Because I'm not talented enough.

1 comment:

  1. Usually starting off, everyone decides to go into a Psychology, International relations, or film major. In my opinion, I don't believe in talent. It takes time and dedication to have talent. Everyone, everywhere, anywhere, is going to be better than you at something, so really, anyone, anywhere, is probably worse at film making, getting ideas, dreaming than you.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm enchanted to meet you!